BASINGSTOKE & DEANE BC - East Basingstoke Natural Environment Management Plan Consultation
Published: 15 June 2022
East Basingstoke Natural Environment Management Plan Consultation
The council is seeking your views on how the parks and open spaces towards the eastern edge of Basingstoke, could be protected and enhanced to provide a robust green infrastructure network for the future. The parks include:
- Eastrop Park
- War Memorial Park
- Black Dam Ponds
- Crabtree Plantation
- Lime Pits
- Basing Common
- Mill Field
Generally the borough has a good range of parks and open spaces that provide a range of opportunities for residents and habitats. However, there are elements that need to be improved and this project aims to address these, providing a network of green spaces which includes:
- Protecting and enhancing habitats including green corridors between sites;
- Improving accessibility;
- Offering a greater range of outdoor recreational opportunities for residents and visitors;
- Supporting council priorities and initiatives including the Ecological Emergency Declaration and the Climate Change and Air Quality Strategy
- Linking places of cultural importance such as Basing House and the Basingstoke Canal with the centre of town.
We have carried out some preliminary assessments and surveys of the area, producing some initial ideas for how these areas could be improved. In order that these can be developed further, we would like your thoughts on these initial ideas that are set out in the Consultation Board document below by inviting you to complete our survey.
View the East Basingstoke Natural Environment Management Plan Consultation Boards
This public consultation will run for a six week period between Monday 30 May to Friday 8 July 2022.
You can respond to the consultation in one of the following ways by:
- Completing the online consultation by clicking the Have your say button below
Have your say
- Returning your completed feedback form to: Natural Environment Team, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke RG21 7TH or by email to NaturalEnvironmentTeam@basingstoke.gov.uk. Please return your responses by Friday 8 July 2022
- Visiting the manned display on Saturday 18 June 2022 at the following locations;
- Eastrop Park (next to boathouse) from 9am to 12noon
- Crabtree (main car park) from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Where you can leave your feedback forms with a member of the team or in the feedback box provided.
Your feedback and details will be treated confidentially with all comments anonymised in summaries of this consultation.
East of Basingstoke Natural Environment Management Plan Consultation - Feedback form(PDF) [898 kb]
Following the consultation, the responses will be analysed and an overall masterplan produced. This will also establish potential funding sources for projects, along with an anticipated timeline for delivery which will be spread over a number of years.